The drawn order for the Mitsubishi Motors Badminton Horse Trials was announced live today at the event’s Facebook page, with two-time winner Mary King drawing the names alongside technical delegate Marcin Konarski.
New Zealand’s Caroline Powell was drawn first to go with Up Up and Away. Canada’s Selena O’Hanlon and Foxwood High will lead the way for the North American contingent as #28, slotting them in after the lunch break on the first day of dressage.
Lauren Kieffer and Veronica will be first out for the USA as #40 and will likely go in the final group on the first day of dressage. Madeline Backus and P.S. Arianna (#71) and Will Coleman and OBOS O’Reilly (#76) will both go in one of the final groups on the second day of dressage.
Looking to the three past winning horses who will compete this year, Nereo has an early draw with Andrew Nicholson as #4. La Biosthetique Sam FBW (#30) will go after the lunch break on the first day of dressage with Michael Jung. Paulank Brockagh (#79) will go in the final group on the second day of dressage with Sam Griffiths.
A total of 85 starters will contest Badminton. The drawn order is currently numbered to 93, with both William Fox-Pitt and Nana Dalton still on the wait list, and Oliver Townend and Tina Cook entered with more than two horses. Oliver also has three of his four horses cross-entered at the Land Rover Kentucky Three-Day Event.
Here is the full drawn order:
- Caroline Powell (NZL) and Up Up And Away
- Georgie Spence (GBR) and Halltown Harley
- Tom McEwen (GBR) and Toledo De Kerser
- Andrew Nicholson (NZL) and Nereo
- Alex Bragg (GBR) and Zagreb
- Mark Todd (NZL) and Leonidas II
- Gemma Tattersall (GBR) and Pamero 4
- Harry Dzenis (GBR) and Xam
- Oliver Townend (GBR) and Cooley Master Class or
- Oliver Townend (GBR) and Cooley SRS or
- Oliver Townend (GBR) and Ballaghmor Class or
- Tina Cook…